After a significant period of exciting developments, we’re developing and regenerating the Port – and you get to be part of it.
At CentrePort we know opportunity when we see it. If you want to take advantage of this, you’ll be interested to hear about how we’re growing our operations.
As a Cargo Handler for Break Bulk, you will be involved in a variety of activities, from packing and devanning cargo, working with import vehicles and machinery, Project Work, Cruise Vessels to Security work. This is your chance to learn different aspects of port operations with the possibility of further opportunities. This is mainly day shift work, but you would be required to work some weekends and nights. Whatever the job, you’ll have a great team on your side!
To be successful in this role, you will have the following attributes:
- Highly safety conscious
- Physically fit
- A person who values team work but also someone who uses their initiative
- A clear communicator and able to follow instructions
- Motivated to provide a high level of customer service
- Able to work in a variety of roles on any given day
- Comfortable working outdoors
- Basic computer skills and handheld devices
- Have full New Zealand Class 1 and Forklift endorsement on your Driver’s Licence and driving experience
This is a permanent job opportunity and you can look forward to joining a great bunch of people in an equally great place to work. Along with our great terms and conditions, you will have a rewarding career ahead of you. So, it’s a fantastic time to join the CentrePort crew!
Interested? Click on the Apply button and include your CV and a cover letter outlining your skills and background.
Please note that we are an alcohol and drug free work place and pre-employment testing is part of our recruitment process.
Applications Close: 13 November 2019