At CentrePort we know opportunity when we see it. If you want to take advantage of this, then we have the role for you.
The Empty Container Depot, within CentrePort Wellington, handles, stores and services empty containers on behalf of our customers. We are committed to excellent customer service and have a strong safety culture. We are searching for a reliable General Hand who is motivated and has the discipline and aptitude to get things done exceptionally. You will be driven to provide exceptional customer service and will ensure tasks are completed safely and effectively.
You will have an exciting role which includes:
- Container preparation and painting
- Forklift operations (receiving parts deliveries etc.)
- Container washing (using high pressure steam cleaning equipment), and general cleaning
- Minor container repairing, manual handling and general labouring duties
- Some administrative duties
We’d like to hear from you if you are:
- Practical with a "can do" attitude
- Reliable and punctual, able to work to deadlines and unsupervised
- Able to follow standard operational procedures and health and safety practices
- Physically fit, adaptable and able to work a shift roster
- Safety conscious with a New Zealand Driver’s licence
- A forklift endorsement or current OSH Forklift certification is desirable
You will join a workplace with a real team environment. There are opportunities to learn new skills and career progression within a unique environment that is undergoing exciting change and growth. We offer life and disability and income protection insurances, free car parking available on site, wellbeing initiatives, discounts with partner organisations and learning and development opportunities. Our success comes from having the right people with the right attitude. So, if you would like to come on board with us, we would like to hear from you.
CentrePort supports an environment of diversity and inclusion. We are committed to equal employment opportunities and therefore, encourage applications from different backgrounds. To ensure our recruitment process is fully accessible, please let us know if you require any support or have any accessibility requirement.
Please note: CentrePort is an alcohol and drug-free workplace. Pre-employment testing is part of our recruitment process. You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this role.
Applications close on 27 May 2022.